Coronavirus is not a single virus. It is a group of viruses that have been around for ages. The reason it is called Covid-19 is that the coronavirus disease started in 2019. This particular coronavirus causes the severe acute respiratory syndrome. There are more than ten million cases, and more than 500,000 people have lost their lives. There is no known vaccine yet, nor is there any specific treatment for the disease.
How Is Coronavirus Spread?
Coronavirus spreads through close contact between people. It transmits through small droplets from coughing and sneezing. Talking to an infected person can also lead to infection through droplets. People also get infected by touching an infected area and then touching their faces. It seems to be most contagious during the first three days of exposure. Although some people do not show any symptoms at all, and others might spread the disease before any symptoms appear.
The Horrible Symptoms of Coronavirus
3. Shortness of breath
4. Loss of taste and smell
How To Prevent Infection As Far As Possible
1. Cover your mouth when you sneeze. That way, you can prevent infecting other people around you in case you are infected. Use your tissue or a handkerchief and sneeze into your elbow.
2. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. Rub your hands thoroughly for at least twenty seconds. Work up a lather under your fingernails and between your fingers too. Go right up to your wrists. If that is not possible, use a good-quality sanitizer.
3. Avoid touching surfaces like a doorknob when you are in public. If you do, remember not to touch your face with your hands until you get a chance to wash them thoroughly.
3. Wear a face mask in public. It should be a good-quality mask to offer you maximum protection from droplets of the virus hanging around in the air. Avoid touching the cloth once it is on your face. Wash your hands before you wear the mask and when you take it off.
4. Maintain social distance. Stay 6 feet away from people. It is not the time to shake hands or hug someone. It is not the time to invite people over to your home or have social gatherings.
5. Do not share personal items like phones, combs, etc. The less you touch, the better.
6. Disinfect surfaces regularly and more often than you used to earlier. Clean your tabletops, doorknobs, furniture, toys, etc. Also, clean your phone and laptop thoroughly.
7. Be careful when you bring groceries into your house. Vinegar or hydrogen peroxide can disinfect surfaces thoroughly. You do not have to wash fresh groceries but wash your hands after you handle them.
8. Do not gather in groups for any reason.
9. Do not eat or drink in a public place. Avoid restaurants, coffee shops, and other eateries. The virus can pass through utensils, cups, plates, etc.
10. If you do not feel well, quarantine yourself and phone your healthcare provider.